I have a small rant to carry out before moving on to the good stuff:
Open Rant. I'm sure you have all experienced it (and are probably guilty of doing it, like me-however I would like to say that my slips are very sporadic). I have a deep and sincere dislike for instances where someone says to me "Do you want to do the dishes, please?" instead of "Will you please do the dishes?" When I woke up this morning, my first thought was not "Gee, I hope I get to do the dishes today, I just really want to do them!" Of course I am more than willing to help out and do them, but please just tell me what you are actually trying to say. It is possible to be straight up and not rude (hence the word "please" located in the question). I think this particular issue is a result of our society's eroding set of communication skills. Close rant.
Good stuff:
I depart for Paris in 6 days and 8 hours. A few years ago when I worked at a bank, I always set my passwords as places I wanted to travel, not knowing if or when I would ever get there but giving myself an excuse to daydream about them for just a minute. France and Italy were obviously on the top of that list. And now in a matter of days I will be visiting them. I can hardly contain my excitement.
On top of that (more like overshadowing) I will be reunited with my sister, my very dear sister!!!! We are so similar that it can be frightening. We have been the very best of friends for my entire life, and it is incredible how that hasn't changed with 5,000 miles between us and a year spent apart. I. Cannot. Wait!
3 comments:
I was so excited to comment about this even before I was mentioned in it! Love the rant. You should move to Germany. Everyone is perfectly straightforward, even if you don't want it that way.
In other news it is now down to four days and I am even more excited then you are!
Papa and I are excited for you too. We expect a full report when you get back!! LOL
Im sorry!! I will try to work on that...oh, do you wanna maybe give me a lil back rub on thursday? jk
Post a Comment