I'm slightly bruised from kicking myself for not taking an accurate "before" picture, but thanks to Mady, I have something close.
As you can see, moving home was a step down for me in that I moved into the unfinished basement. (The wall you are looking at becomes the Wall-of-Clothes, posted previously). What I would like to draw your attention to is the lighting. It's hard to see, but there is just a regular light bulb (which stays) and next to it, one of those fluorescent tube light fixtures. Terrible, awful, harsh lighting.
So I substituted it with these: (yes, that is a sheet for the bedroom door. Like I said, a step down. Don't fret though, it's on my list) See how much softer and better the lighting is?! My mom says it looks like an old fashioned parlor.

The chandelier on the left is where the fluorescent light was before (you can see the corner of the white dresser in the picture above). Because the room is unfinished, there was no where for me to wire the chandelier as a fixture, so, I re-wired it to be like a lamp, plug and all! Don't be fooled, this makes me sound like some sort of electrical prodigy, but it was shockingly simple.
The chandelier on the left is where the fluorescent light was before (you can see the corner of the white dresser in the picture above). Because the room is unfinished, there was no where for me to wire the chandelier as a fixture, so, I re-wired it to be like a lamp, plug and all! Don't be fooled, this makes me sound like some sort of electrical prodigy, but it was shockingly simple.
The polka dot business you see is just wrapping paper covering the ugly galvanized heating duct. Classy joint, eh?!

Aren't those lights just delightful?! I bought them at IKEA about 2 years ago, knowing I would need them. And here we are... in need!

2 comments:
Gosh I love our room. All thanks to you. I can't wait to have you come decorate my house.
I love that! So cute, I want you to come decorate my room! Please?!
Post a Comment