Thursday, October 27, 2011

Epiphany

I went to New York this last weekend to visit a friend, and as I was riding from the airport into the city, I had an epiphany.

When I am home and life is predictably normal, all I want is to get out. To move, to travel, to leave. When I do get out, it is only a short time before I long for the comfort of home again. Neither option really seems to fit.

What I realized while I was swaying with the rocking of the subway was that I am looking for my own feeling of home, not a geographical place. Sounds like an obvious statement.

The old cliche "home is where the heart is" is a little more meaningful to me now.
So I guess I'm still looking for my heart....


In the meantime here are a few pics from the trip:




Keiter and his artsy iphone camera




Brooklyn Bridge



My incredible host and I on the garden terrace of the MET




30 Rock. Love it.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I bet that you will find your heart in the driver's seat of a Mini Cooper. Just saying...

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it to New York--Doris and Ron didn't make it.
Always glad to see your pics!!!

Kalie DeMann said...

you look really pretty in all those photos.