Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Successfully Lented

I gave up soda for lent, and without counting my unhatched chickens, I am feeling pretty good about finishing strong for these last 4 days.

It was more difficult that I had anticipated, but mostly I think that was because of the lack of options. Water and juice are great, but sometimes all you need is a nice tall Fountain Dew.

Because Lent is 46 days long, and the fast of Christ was 40 days, supposedly you get to have 6 cheat days (which I think are technically supposed to be on Sunday's for "mini Easters"). I didn't even use all my cheat days! Which surprised me.

Finally, I really didn't notice a difference in my body or health after 42 days of no soda, so I am taking that to mean that I was well within the healthy limits in my soda intake, and thereby am perfectly fine to go back to drinking it after Easter. So there.

But it still feels good to know that I did it. I could totally be Catholic.

Also, half-marathon training only seems to be getting harder..... dang.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you turn Catholic don't give up C.of J.C. of L.D.Saints and your vow to get married in the
TEMPLE!!!

Kalie DeMann said...

Comma what?? For sure don't do what Maga said.