In the lovely little Christmas diddy: "Baby, it's Cold Outside" The story line goes like this:
A girl goes over to her beau's house for a nice little festive evening; she probably brought some cheese and wine. During their time together, canoodling on the couch (I'd imagine), it starts to snow outside. Like REALLY snow outside. Well, it starts getting late, and she decides it's time to call it a night. Naturally he comes up with every excuse in the book to get her to stay: there's no cabs to take her home, the snow is too deep, her lips look like waves on a tropical shore, she might get pneumonia and die.... you know, classic excuses. She's worried about her family and his neighbors thinking she's a floozy and that he may have slipped a little something extra into her drink, but alas, she stays for one last ciggy.
The finally of the song is the guy and girl singing in beautiful harmony that it's cold outside. (duh)
Now the serious question... Does she stay the night???
I wonder this every time I hear the song, and every time I come up with a different answer and reasoning. I'm just throwing this question out to the cosmos......
3 comments:
I think she's floozy and stays!
First of all, I am happy you used the word floozy, which is one of my very favorite words!! I don't often use it the right way though. I usually use it with my own meaning which is a ditz or an idiot. It just seems to fit, right?
Secondly, I wonder the same thing when it comes to this song. But have you heard the version of the song where they are making kinky sounds as they sing. I think the song is rated a little more than PG-13 if you know what I mean....
Ok... I am laughing my guts out right now. I am also missing the snot out of you.
My bet is that she stays. It is my experience... I mean I hear from other people... that boys are sneaky. They use all of those excuses and eventually you start to believe them and even though your conscience is guilty...you stay. Boys...oh how rotten and perfectly wonderful they are! I can't wait to kiss an American boy and let him talk me into sleeping over!
Post a Comment