This week I have had multiple conundrums. Let me share….
Tuesday: After work should I go home (take a quick nap) and do my homework, or go to the finance class that I have been attending with members of my family? Things to keep in mind: I am EXHAUSTED and rather grumpy with a paper due on Saturday and a presentation due in 2 weeks, also attending this finance class would make my dad proud. ---I went to the finance class and then did my taxes. There is always another day for homework….
Wednesday: We (me and a group of gals that I go to the gym with) have been trying for weeks to go to this certain spinning class. We have everything all planned out, but something always kept coming up. This was finally the week we could all go. Tuesday night (the dilemmas just run end to end) I get a call that I am supposed to go out visiting for my church calling. Of all the great things about my calling, going out and knocking on stranger’s doors definitely takes the cake. (yes, sarcasm) I just have a terrible time with this aspect, but it is my calling, and thereby my obligation (hopefully blessings are soon to follow). The spinning class goes from 6:30 to 7:30. Visiting is supposed to start at 7:30. If I wasn’t so dang responsible I could just skip the visiting and not feel guilty about it, nope, too bad. -----So what do I do?... I go to half of the stinkin spinning class, then hustle into the locker room sweaty and red faced, throw back on my skirt from work and b-line it for the church. I’m still exhausted.
Saturday: I’m already stewing; this dilemma isn’t even here yet…… Recently (as in about 1.5 weeks ago), I decided to try out vegetarianism. I am doing this test run for a number of reasons; none of which is animal rights. Anyway, I went to St. George/Vegas last weekend and didn’t give in at all, no pepperoni on my pizza, no chicken on my salad. Went to In-and-Out and surely ordered a cheeseburger minus the burger. I mean, no budging. I failed miserably at a cleansing diet and have recently been inspired by the mosquito meditation scene in Eat, Pray, Love to stick this thing out. Here comes the hard part. In-and-Out was a temptation, I will admit, but it was NOTHING compared to the restaurant of choice for Saturday night, Pagoda. My family has been eating here for my entire life and the favorite dish there is, of course, meat. In fact, every dish we order has meat, except for egg foo young and white rice, which is hardly a meal. What is a meat lover gone vegetarian to do?!!! I’m so perplexed!
Btw. The Beatles LOVE show by Cirque Du Soleil was FANTASTIC! I would recommend it to anyone! Crappy pictures to follow...
2 comments:
2 cents you didn't ask for... :) hahaha
While we are in completely separate boats in the meat loving department, I figure since I've been vegetarian for over 15 years maybe I can help a bit.
MEAT SUBSTITUTES. As gross as everyone always thinks they are, they are not that bad. Granted, I don't remember what most meat even tasted like, but this helps my body when I get an "urge" for protein.
Quorn is a brand of chicken substitutes, this stuff is amazing. You can put it in anything, cook it in a ton of different ways.
Gimme Lean (obviously Jimme Dean knock off, even Asa loves this sausage and he likes meat quite a bit.)
Boca has the best burgers and hamburger meat for tacos and such. The important thing about all of these is simply seasoning. Make it taste good.
Other than that, I would say instead of focusing on the meat you're missing, focus on the everyday things you liked before, that were already vegetarian.
And last but not least, find out your blood type and do a google search for diet by blood type. Certain blood types just aren't meant to eat meat, and others aren't meant to be vegetarian. It shows you what is best for your body, and what isn't.
Hope all is well!
-Megan
WOW! I had no idea about the blood type thing. I am going to check that out now. Megan, you are an inspiration to all. Love your attitude.
In other news, Lace... did you seriously go to Pagoda and not partake in the Chicken Tits?!
Post a Comment