As I was driving to work this morning I had an epiphany. I was listening to A Fine Frenzy's The Minnow and the Trout. The moral of the song is that we really aren't that different because we are all made up of the same elements and that we all started out as a single cell in the sea. So I thought about evolution and how we could possibly get to where we are as humans from one single cell.
My epiphany was this: Once that "single cell" reached an organism that could sustain life, what would be the reason for it to evolve? We evolve because there is a need for altered traits, but if that first organism had no need to change, it never would have. (Example: if a fish existed then and still exists now, it was an organism that could sustain life as it was, so why would it mutate into a whale or turtle when it could survive all these millions of years the same way)
I do believe that evolution exists, each species evolves in its own way from generation to generation, but the grand scheme of Darwinism, I believe, is false (and yes, I know that Charles Darwin didn't start Darwinism).
Pretty much my reason for sharing this epiphany is to concrete my belief in The Creation and more importantly, The Creator. I am continually amazed at the things His hands have made.
2 comments:
Beautiful comment on the Creator--keep your strong testimony!
What tracks are you and Kalie walking on?
Call me sometime!!
I did not find that boring. It was just nice to have something to read on here. I second Maga. Bravo.
Post a Comment