Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thank you Focus Features

I love a good chick-flick as much as the next broad, but even more, I love the real-life movies. The ones that never make the big blockbuster bucks or get the cardboard displays in the theaters, but resound with their audience in a way that is unique, realistic, and relate-able. The latest of these to receive my adoration is called Away We Go (not recommended for all, due to some un-savory parts). The movie is about an expecting couple and their journey to find a place they can call home. Everything about their life and story was mediocre, and none of it mattered because they loved each other. Jessica and I walked out of the movie LOVING mediocrity. It can be such a wonderfully simple and beautiful thing to be ordinary. To be totally un-exceptional. It was a great lesson to me, not to stop trying, but to relax and enjoy life, and above all, that love is the most important thing.

Away We Go (have a look-see if you'd like)

Also, Focus Features... THANK YOU for Pride and Prejudice.

One more thing:

Cute right?! I finally own it! I have been searching for a cruiser all summer. Hopefully I will soon have a photo of me actually riding the dang thing. It lives at my parents house, and any chance I get, I take it for a spin around the block, or at least around the circle.

2 comments:

Jill Clark said...

I couldn't agree with you more about Pride and Prejudice. I think I have watched that movie just about a million times since it came out. It's good to know someone appreciates it just as much as I do.

It was fun to see you Monday, you are a adorable as always. And, I'm jealous of your bike, I've been looking into one now that I live by a bike trail. They are so cute.

Anonymous said...

Cute cruiser for a very cute girl!!
Hope to see you soon and keep blogging!!! Love you lots!!!!