I am not a scholar, and I'm not a baker.
Sitting in class a couple weeks ago (what would be a senior level class if I were going to university the conventional way), I listened to the professor rattle off all these words I didn't understand and theories I couldn't grasp. It was at this point that I realized that I am not, nor will I ever be, the scholarly type. I am not an unintelligent person, and so far, I am the only one in my immediate family with any kind of college degree (parents included), but my brain is just too simple to think like a scholar. Which is fine with me.
Whilst surfing blogs, like I sometimes do, I found this adorable cake and wanted to make it for Valentine's Day. I have been getting much more daring in the kitchen department lately, and wanted to try my hand at something challenging. I went and bought all the ingredients and some baking tools that I needed, and set Saturday afternoon aside for some serious baking. This is what the model cake looked like:
Totally cute, right?
Now because I've already said that I'm not a baker, I'm pretty sure you can guess how things went for me...
The red velvet cake next to the white cake is what was supposed to make the heart in the middle.... obviously that didn't happen. The stack of cake layers isn't straight, and what you can't see is that that underneath the top layer is just a huge pile of crumbs..... like I said... NOT a baker.
But.....
But.....
I can't wait to find out what I am!

1 comment:
You maynot be a baker or a scholar
but otherwise you're perfect in my eyes!!!! Keep in touch!!!
Post a Comment