Waiting for me in my inbox this morning was a less than friendly email from a disgruntled client, complete with multiple exclamation marks following his very adamant demand (I don't handle those very well [the mean emails, that is, not the exclamation marks]).
I thought to myself "What a great way to start off the day..."
After going about my business with a somewhat defeated attitude, I received this email:
Lacey-
You are so nice. Your customer service and willingness to help set the bar. You are patient and always do your best to help. As I go through life, occasionally I meet people who are examples of goodness. They remind me that I need to do my best to help others. You are one of those people!
Thanks!
Steve
Now, this post is in no way meant to publicly pat myself on the back, because everyone knows that is an embarrassing action, like unto trying to lick your own elbow, or giving a "round of applause" like your cheesy elementary school teacher.
Anyways, my point is that this small action (probably taking no more than 2 minutes of this man's time) made me feel great about myself and changed my outlook for at least the rest of the day, and I'm willing to bet even longer than that.
Therefore, my February New Year's Resolution (BTW, I'm pretty sure I just had a stoke of sheer genius.... instead of only having resolutions in January, I'm going to make one-or more-each month!!! I'm brilliant! AND I already know what March's will be! Yes!) will be to more freely express my compliments and thank yous. It takes only a second, but can make such a difference for someone. I would love to make a difference for lots of someones.
I think maybe I will buy a pack of Thank You cards and see how fast I can use them all... I love an excuse to buy cute stationary!
2 comments:
I love this. What a great February goal (and what a gems approach to goals...I may follow suit). Think you're great. Sorry for the lame-o.
You are such a wonderful girl--disregard the negative one!!! Papa and I love you more than we can say; as do your folks and everyone I talk to that knows you!! HUGS
Post a Comment