Monday, May 21, 2012

Momma J

I'm a little slow on the trend (what's new, right?), so here is my tribute blog to my mother for Mother's Day.

We always (like ALWAYS) give my mom grief for being kind of a nut job, but really that is one of her best qualities. It allows her to be light hearted, and wildly creative, and inventive, and unconforming. On top of all that she can be seriously hilarious with her out of the blue comments and "crazy talk".

I am continually amazed at my mother's talent and her fearlessness in trying something new. Anything from making hair bows and baby clothes, to operating heaving machinery and welding; she is certainly unafraid, and masters the task spectacularly. It seems every type of project she attempts turns out near perfect (if she can find the time to finish it, that is).

She is by far and away the most accepting and loving person I know. She will make friends with the massage therapist, the girl in line with her at the store, and the boy sitting next to her on the plane. Not just have a friendly encounter with them, but a "bare your soul and tell your life story" kind of thing. She loves everyone and always wants to help people. She has an incredible heart and she loves us with the whole thing, leaving nothing for herself.

She really is wonderful. Somedays I fear that I am "turning into my mother", but the truth is that I would be quite lucky to have that happen. I could use a whole lot more of her qualities!

Love you Mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice tribute to a GREAT MOM!!

Kathleen/Katie Johnson said...

How sweet Lacey! Make me cry. Love you so very much! Mom