The whole time I was training I kept saying that "running just isn't my thing." And guess what, it still isn't. But do you want to know the stupidest part about it all??...
I will do it again. I don't have the next one planned yet, nor do I have plans to plan one, but I'll be back to beat my 2:52 time.
My purpose of this post is mostly to talk about my team, though. After running for nearly 3 hours, with every piece of my body begging me to stop and the finish line so close, I saw (and heard) my loved ones standing along the final stretch, cheering me on with signs and all. This was the expression on my face:
I don't think there is any question as to the emotions I was feeling at that exact moment, and I don't feel that I could or should put words to those emotions. I did a hard thing, and there they were, exactly where I needed them.
My team. The best team in my whole world! (including those who were there in spirit)
Thank you for being there.

5 comments:
You know I just teared up reading this sweet post. So proud of you Miss Lacey. Yes, you did a hard thing and rocked it. What an accomplishment.
So, so happy for you. Love you to pieces!
I'm with Jamie. Total tears. I am soooo proud of you! You have always been so good at putting your mind to something and doing it! You are such an amazing example to the rest of us. Love you sister. You forgot to show the best part of our signs.
Yay Lacey! Love that you did this. Love that you did it even though it was hard and not your thing. Love that you had such great support and that your family loves you do much. LOVE that picture. It tells a story. Congratulations!!! xoxo
congrats! a half is a huge accomplishment! no matter how slow you go you are always lapping those on the couch. :) (thank you pintrest)
Your running was great, but I'm grateful for the dinner Sunday!!!
Post a Comment