Monday, June 29, 2009

Change

They say the only thing constant in life is change. I think they are right, but just because it's constant doesn't make it easier.

I have been mourning (and when I say mourning, I mean crying, pouting around, and eating every terrible thing I can get my hands on) because of a recent change that has challenged my loyality, made me question things I felt and thought I knew, and just plain broken my heart. My dearest friend is gone from my daily life at work, and I just can't fathom how things could ever be normal again. I have been such a mess of emotions in depths I never knew existed and in such complex arrangements I can't begin to untangle them. I can't wait for hind sight to reveal the lessons to be learned from this unsavory experience.


In other news, I ripped off all my false eyelashes (it was painfully satisfying, like taking acrylic nails off) and my natural lashes are truely pathetic.

Also, against any of my better judgement, I will be running in a 5K on the 4th of July. I may not live to see the evening's fireworks....




"There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help and what they cannot" -Plato

2 comments:

Melissa said...

We will live to see the fireworks on the 4th! And we will feel very accomplished as we do so! It's only 3.2 miles right?

Anonymous said...

Good quote from Plato-glad it helps you be the great gal you are!
Love you lots!!!